Swimming Pool and Spa Contractor
Providing Quality Swimming Pool Construction
At Hermanson Pools, we provide quality pool construction to manifest your creative vision. We are fully licensed pool contractors and have extensive experience constructing and installing gunite pools in the Albuquerque area and can provide you with a durable, long-lasting pool that gives you the perfect backyard escape.
What Do I Need to Know about Swimming Pool Construction?
If you are considering investing in a swimming pool, there are a few things you should know. First, you will need to know the location of all easements and utilities on the site. A site plan (land survey) and legal description have most of this information. You will also need to look at the access to the build site. We need a minimum of 5 feet wide to utilize excavation equipment. While swimming pool construction may look chaotic, there really is a process to all the madness! Our process is as follows:
- We spray paint an outline on the ground to ensure your pool is the right size, shape, and in the right location.
- We excavate the property with Bobcats and other heavy machinery. (At this point your pool looks like a big hole.)
- We line the pool with a steel-reinforcing rebar and lay the plumbing.
- We pressure-test the structure to ensure there are no leaks in the PVC pipe.
- We prepare your pool for round one of inspections.
- Once your inspection passes, we shoot the gunite (a specialized mix of concrete that creates the shell of the pool)
- We place a minimum of six inches of tile at the water line around the perimeter of the pool. (You have your choice from a wide variety of tile designs and colors.)
- We set the deck for coping and create a three to four foot perimeter around your pool. (We customize your deck to your specifications: for example, if you want a foot of brick or stone around the edge, we can do it! You are able to choose from a wide selection of color finishes.)
- We install the heater, pump, filter, disinfectant, or any automatic controls and hook up the electrical components.
- We install the plaster over the gunite shell. (Plaster is the water-proofing agent of your pool. You can choose from a variety of colors, including greens, blues, gray, white, black, and more.)
- We fill the pool.
- We start the electrical equipment.
- We balance the chemicals for the first time.
- We call for the final inspections.
- We clean up and finish the final details.
- We provide a pool orientation: one of our employees—usually the owner—will visit your property and teach you how to maintain your pool, balance the chemicals, and run the equipment. We provide you with your owner’s manual so that you have all the resources you need to take care of your beautiful new pool.
While your backyard may be a bit of a mess during the excavation and construction process, we don’t dilly-dally! We will move through the swimming pool construction process promptly, while maintaining the integrity and quality workmanship our customers have come to expect from us.
Call 505-856-0123 for quality swimming pool construction today!
At Hermanson Pools, our swimming pool and spa contractors have been designing, constructing, and installing quality swimming pools in the Albuquerque area for almost 30 years! We have the skills and experience necessary to perform your residential or commercial swimming pool construction promptly and with a high degree of professionalism. If you desire a new swimming pool for your home or business, don’t hesitate to contact Hermanson Pools. We have an intimate knowledge of what it takes to build a quality pool and we have the experience needed to construct a swimming pool and spa that passes inspections and meets all environmental and public health codes. Contact Hermanson Pools to begin construction on your new pool today!